Tuesday, August 21, 2007

This kid is a superstar!

I've been watching a video on YouTube at least once a day for about a week. It's a young boy who has brilliantly reproduced Beyonce's choreography for the "Irreplaceable" video. (Actually, it doesn't match the video per se, but when you watch this pint-sized performer, you see bootylicious weavetastic Miss Knowles.)





What I like about this video is the way the kid is so talented. I can't move like that and probably never could. I have a friend who's a professional dancer, and he's floored by the kid's chops.

There's an all-out battle in the comments over on YouTube. Some people say the kid's going to be gay because he likes to cover Beyonce. My question: who with so much talent would want to cover Jay-Z instead of Beyonce? You sit in front of music videos for a while and tell me who has better choreography, is more visually interesting. It's prob'ly not a dude.

Plusly, I don't think the kid's particularly effeminate. He looks like a cocky little cute kid who happens to have mastered some of Beyonce's trademark facial expressions and is limber enough to mimic her choreography. I hope that whoever this little guy is, he keeps hanging out with whoever was smart enough to recognize that he's effing brilliant.

Really, there's very little I can say--watch the video and you'll see what I mean.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home