Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Nessun Dorma

May he rest in peace.

I was considering naming my Oliver after a tenor. The first morning in my house, he woke up (six a.m. on a SUNDAY) and sang me the most beautiful, sad aria. I think it might have even been "Nessun Dorma"--that means "let no one sleep."

Only days later, I hear the sad news in the morning and was moved to tears. Luciano Pavarotti was such a massive example of living life fully, loving passionately, sharing a gift with the world. We have lost someone precious, but fortunately, there's no shortage of archival material.

While I'd initially considered naming Oliver after Juan Diego Florez (because he's the hot new tenor), it became clear on that morning that the world lost Pavarotti that Oliver's middle name would be Luciano.

Maestro, wherever you are now, please know that you are missed and can never be forgotten. Thank you for all you have done.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home